Madden Sim League 09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden Sim League 09

A 09 Madden sim league with up to date rosters besides for rookies

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Buzz Index-May 8th 2008- "A Reborn Bengal?"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
alexkingston

alexkingston

The Buzz Index-May 8th 2008- "A Reborn Bengal?" Empty
PostSubject: The Buzz Index-May 8th 2008- "A Reborn Bengal?"   The Buzz Index-May 8th 2008- "A Reborn Bengal?" Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:55 pm

I realize in this article I am going to sound like a total hypocryte compared to what I revently stated about Pacman Jones.

With that being said I feel that I am ready to speak about a player that I do think will turn things around in new scenery. Chris Henry. Former WR of the Bengals. Standing 6' 4" and weighing in at around 200 lbs Henry has all the talent in the world, but like Jones, legal troubles have hurt a career that should be blossoming as we speak.

In Henry's first two season in the NFL he totaled 15 touchdowns and over 1,500 yds recieving. It appeared he was on his way to a solid career in the NFL.

The Buzz Index-May 8th 2008- "A Reborn Bengal?" 1012henry

Then things got bad, how bad you ask, well take a look for yourself.....

December 15, 2005 - Chris Henry was pulled over in Northern Kentucky for speeding and marijuana was found in his shoes. He was also driving without a valid driver's license, and without auto insurance. On January 30, 2006, he was arrested in Orlando for multiple gun charges including concealment and aggravated assault with a firearm. He was reported to have been wearing his Number 15 Bengals jersey at the time of his arrest. Henry pleaded guilty in both cases and avoided jail time in both cases.

May 4, 2006 - Cincinnati media reported that Henry is being investigated by Covington police in connection with a sex crime, which allegedly occurred in a hotel room in Covington, Kentucky early on April 30, 2006. No charges have yet been filed, and on May 24, 2006, Covington police reported that there is no proof anything happened and that the alleged victim might now face charges for filing a false police report.

June 3, 2006 - Chris Henry was pulled over outside on Interstate 275 at 1:18 a.m by Ohio Highway Trooper Michael Shimko. At 2:06 a.m. Henry voluntarily submitted to a breathalyzer test at Milford Police Department and registered a .092 blood-alcohol level, .012 above the level permitted by Ohio law. These charges have since been dismissed as it was proven that the breathalyzer used to test Henry at the scene was faulty.

September 25, 2006 in the early morning, Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman was pulled over for a DUI. The truck Thurman was driving belonged to rookie Reggie McNeal. Neither McNeal nor Chris Henry were charged with any wrongdoing by authorities, however, Bengals Head Coach Marvin Lewis benched Henry for the Bengals loss against the New England Patriots.

October 6, 2006 - Henry was suspended by the NFL for two games for violating the league's personal conduct and substance abuse policies. NFL policies forbid Henry from taking part in practices, however, he was allowed to attend any team meetings. Henry missed the Bengals' October 15, 2006 game at Tampa Bay Buccaneers and their October 22, 2006 game against the Carolina Panthers.

January 25, 2007 - Henry pleaded guilty to charges of providing alcohol to minors, an incident that occurred at a hotel in the spring on 2006. He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, with all but two of those days being suspended.

April 10, 2007 - Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 NFL season for violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy. His suspension comes with a stern warning that future misconduct may result in the end of his career with the NFL. Henry has since been allowed to begin practicing fully with the Cincinnati Bengals by NFL Commissioner, Roger Goodell. His suspension was lifted and he played in the November 11, game versus the Baltimore Ravens, amassing 4 catches for 99 yards.

May 18, 2007 - Henry allegedly failed a court-mandated drug test, where a field tested resulted in a false positive for taking an opiate, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer. The failed drug test would have been the third violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. A third violation, per league rules, results in a one-year suspension. In addition to having his suspension increased to 24 games, he would have had to serve an 88 day jail sentence. As of May 23, 2007, the State of Kentucky has reported that Henry in fact did NOT fail a drug test, and that earlier reports to the contrary are erroneous.

June 12, 2007 - Henry allegedly assaulted a 16 year old boy with teammate Reggie McNeal. The claims were later reported to be unfounded and Henry and McNeal have been exonerated.

November 6, 2007 - Henry allegedly assaulted a valet attendant at Newport on the Levee.

December 3, 2007 - Henry arrested again in Orlando Florida for violating his probation he was on from a January 30, 2006 arrest in Orlando. On February 21, 2008 he was found not guilty of violation of probation. On February 26, 2008, a motion to terminate probation in Orange County Florida was denied.

April 2, 2008 - Henry was charged with misdemeanor assault and property damage. Henry allegedly threw a bottle shattering the victim's car window and punched him in the face, however Henry said it was a case of mistaken identity. He claimed he thought it was somebody else that owed him money.

The Buzz Index-May 8th 2008- "A Reborn Bengal?" Henry-780959

Henry was released by the Bengals a day after this last arrest and was then forced to serve a house arrest sentence.

So why do I think that Henry will turn it around and his former college teamate will not, simple really, I have that feeling about him, you know the one you get in your gut, that he will turn things around in a new location. Obviously I could be wrong, but I believe that this old dog can learn a new trick.

Some potential buyers for Henry in this not even day old FA market include, Arizona, Indy, and the Vikings.
Back to top Go down
Spygate

Spygate

The Buzz Index-May 8th 2008- "A Reborn Bengal?" Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Buzz Index-May 8th 2008- "A Reborn Bengal?"   The Buzz Index-May 8th 2008- "A Reborn Bengal?" Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:11 pm

Quote :
I realize in this article I am going to sound like a total hypocryte compared to what I revently stated about Pacman Jones.

Definitely got that right. lol
Back to top Go down

The Buzz Index-May 8th 2008- "A Reborn Bengal?"
Page 1 of 1