Madden Sim League 09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden Sim League 09

A 09 Madden sim league with up to date rosters besides for rookies

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED

Go down 
+2
RonMercer
Coolconman1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Coolconman1

Coolconman1

Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED Empty
PostSubject: Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED   Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 11:04 pm

Bears get
Fred Robbins 87
Jerricho Cotchery 89

For

Giants get
Tommie Harris 95
3rd round pick (90 overall)
Back to top Go down
RonMercer

RonMercer

PostSubject: Re: Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED   Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 11:13 pm

(nods head in approval)
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Admin
Vhawk413

PostSubject: Re: Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED   Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:01 am

Taking into account Harris's age, I think the 3rd round pick should be a lower one.

I am a no for now
Back to top Go down
https://msl09.forumotion.com
pats4892

pats4892

PostSubject: Re: Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED   Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:41 am

Vhawk413 wrote:
Taking into account Harris's age, I think the 3rd round pick should be a lower one.

I am a no for now
Back to top Go down
RonMercer

RonMercer

PostSubject: Re: Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED   Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 8:52 am

cotchery is one year older! and at a much more important position once again. you guys are not taking into account how these players help our respective teams. they fill needs for both of us and make both of us much better off.
Back to top Go down
AllMadden08

AllMadden08

PostSubject: Re: Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED   Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:54 pm

I think the pick should be dropped altogether, this trade would be just about perfect with just the players. Giants getting a top young DT + a rookie who should end up being mid 70's is too much. Drop the pick and I say yes. Or as said earlier, make it a later pick.
Back to top Go down
Spygate

Spygate

PostSubject: Re: Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED   Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 2:46 pm

DENIED - AllMadden being the 3rd and final No vote.
Back to top Go down
RonMercer

RonMercer

PostSubject: Re: Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED   Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 3:17 pm

both of us would really like to get this trade done, so I need to know what you value cotchery at. Cotchery would be 8 points higher than the bears current starting WR is quite young, and has a huge contract in place(something quite valuable in this league). His defense on the other hand is pretty good already and because this is madden not real life, the presence of tommie harris as his starting DT does not affect his overall team stats that much. Harris also has a deal ending soon, and this trade puts the burden of resigning points on me instead. With this being noted I don't understand how you can view this trade as unfair when the replacement he gets for harris is 87 overall(30 years old) and he gets a WR which he desperately needs. You acted like this trade was preposterous, yet accepted a 70 overall wideout, a 81 overall aging safety, and the last pick in the 2nd round for a 93 overall 24 year old WR.
Back to top Go down
AllMadden08

AllMadden08

PostSubject: Re: Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED   Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 3:22 pm

RonMercer wrote:
both of us would really like to get this trade done, so I need to know what you value cotchery at. Cotchery would be 8 points higher than the bears current starting WR is quite young, and has a huge contract in place(something quite valuable in this league). His defense on the other hand is pretty good already and because this is madden not real life, the presence of tommie harris as his starting DT does not affect his overall team stats that much. Harris also has a deal ending soon, and this trade puts the burden of resigning points on me instead. With this being noted I don't understand how you can view this trade as unfair when the replacement he gets for harris is 87 overall(30 years old) and he gets a WR which he desperately needs. You acted like this trade was preposterous, yet accepted a 70 overall wideout, a 81 overall aging safety, and the last pick in the 2nd round for a 93 overall 24 year old WR.

All of us who responded replied that the 3rd round pick either needs to be a latter pick, or dropped. I could see nothing higher than a 5th round pick in it's place. If we vote no, we usually reply with our reasoning.
Back to top Go down
Spygate

Spygate

PostSubject: Re: Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED   Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 6:15 pm

RonMercer wrote:

Only the 3 TC Members who voted No are allowed to give an answer to the following by RonMercer.

...However, my guess would be because Tommie Harris is basically the best DT in Madden. There isn't many DT's that can consistently get 9+ sacks a year in the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED   Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Giants / Bears (0-3) - DENIED
Page 1 of 1