Madden Sim League 09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden Sim League 09

A 09 Madden sim league with up to date rosters besides for rookies

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Preparation For the Draft

Go down 
+8
alexkingston
AllMadden08
buyuadrank1583
Polian
RonMercer
Wildcats
Vhawk413
Spygate
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AllMadden08

AllMadden08

Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation For the Draft   Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 4:48 pm

my first guess would be 10 minute draft slots. Starting around early afternoon CST, what time zone are you in spygate?
Back to top Go down
Spygate

Spygate

PostSubject: Re: Preparation For the Draft   Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 6:08 pm

AllMadden08 wrote:
my first guess would be 10 minute draft slots. Starting around early afternoon CST, what time zone are you in spygate?

Eastern - and I like the 10 minute idea.
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Admin
Vhawk413

PostSubject: Re: Preparation For the Draft   Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 6:13 pm

Spygate wrote:
Vhawk413 wrote:
Weekends are not good for me. I always have at least one baseball game and after this weekend 3 of the next 4 I have baseball or softball tournaments, and the next I have a friend's 21st bday.

This said, I will have BB's ready whenever needed, but I will not be able to help a lot during the draft. So hopefully Pats, Spygate and AllMadden can handle it, which I think they can

Fair enough.

Just send out 1 more mass e-mail, with the date and time after we get another member or two, and send me the big-board and we'll get it started.

So far we have the date: Sunday, June 29/08

And now we need a set time. I'm thinking 7-ish?

You can send out an e-mail to as an admin, not that I won't just going to tell you how. Go to Users, and to prune users. Then click the inform circle, and select anyone with more than 1 post. That way everyone who is a GM shows up in the list, and you can type in the message and send it to all of them. You can also select, and un-select anyone you want

You can try, if you can't get it, I can do it, not a big deal.

As for the time, these things are a lot harder as an admin than you might expect. I would say start it around 4-5ish. But I will not be here for sure, I have baseball and staying till Monday at the tournament
Back to top Go down
https://msl09.forumotion.com
Spygate

Spygate

PostSubject: Re: Preparation For the Draft   Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 6:36 pm

Vhawk413 wrote:
Spygate wrote:
Vhawk413 wrote:
Weekends are not good for me. I always have at least one baseball game and after this weekend 3 of the next 4 I have baseball or softball tournaments, and the next I have a friend's 21st bday.

This said, I will have BB's ready whenever needed, but I will not be able to help a lot during the draft. So hopefully Pats, Spygate and AllMadden can handle it, which I think they can

Fair enough.

Just send out 1 more mass e-mail, with the date and time after we get another member or two, and send me the big-board and we'll get it started.

So far we have the date: Sunday, June 29/08

And now we need a set time. I'm thinking 7-ish?

You can send out an e-mail to as an admin, not that I won't just going to tell you how. Go to Users, and to prune users. Then click the inform circle, and select anyone with more than 1 post. That way everyone who is a GM shows up in the list, and you can type in the message and send it to all of them. You can also select, and un-select anyone you want

You can try, if you can't get it, I can do it, not a big deal.

As for the time, these things are a lot harder as an admin than you might expect. I would say start it around 4-5ish. But I will not be here for sure, I have baseball and staying till Monday at the tournament

Oh, was unaware that any Admin ranked poster could do it.

I'll send it out no worries. As for difficulty of coordinating such a task, it's nothing new; I've done it before in two other leagues.
Back to top Go down
alexkingston

alexkingston

PostSubject: Re: Preparation For the Draft   Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:29 pm

what about the seahawks??? they still do not have a manager
Back to top Go down
FavreFan1

PostSubject: Re: Preparation For the Draft   Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 6:24 pm

so what is the set time for the draft
Back to top Go down
RonMercer

RonMercer

PostSubject: Re: Preparation For the Draft   Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 7:15 pm

seriously?

did all the admins for the site die this week?
Back to top Go down
monster

PostSubject: Re: Preparation For the Draft   Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:42 pm

yep.
Back to top Go down
Spygate

Spygate

PostSubject: Re: Preparation For the Draft   Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 11:54 pm

The draft is still this Sunday, June 29th - it will begin at 5:30 PM.

If the person on the clock is not active for their pick for 5-10 minutes, their pick will automatically be BPA in area of need.

I will personally run the draft; but if we have 3 or 4 guys here; then I'll forget it and get VHawk to sim the draft.
Back to top Go down
pats4892

pats4892

PostSubject: Re: Preparation For the Draft   Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:12 am

5:30pm EST???
Back to top Go down
RonMercer

RonMercer

PostSubject: Re: Preparation For the Draft   Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:22 am

I have a very specific plan for my team, simming of the draft will not be acceptable. we need to make sure that everyone is aware of what time the draft and is here for it.
Back to top Go down
alexkingston

alexkingston

PostSubject: Re: Preparation For the Draft   Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 12:37 pm

RonMercer wrote:
I have a very specific plan for my team, simming of the draft will not be acceptable. we need to make sure that everyone is aware of what time the draft and is here for it.

+1, i made some big trades to prepare for the draft, and i have some big holes i need to fill, simulating is not going to work for me
Back to top Go down
AllMadden08

AllMadden08

PostSubject: Re: Preparation For the Draft   Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:09 pm

alexkingston wrote:
RonMercer wrote:

+1, i made some big trades to prepare for the draft, and i have some big holes i need to fill, simulating is not going to work for me

Uh, guys, it's not possible to just sim the draft. The game doesn't come out for over a month yet. And on top of that, the rookies are already on teams, they will have to be cut and then signed to their new team when the game comes out. By simming the draft, I'm assuming he means the admin(s) running the draft will make the pick for the team not prepared. So every team that is prepared will get to make all their own picks.
Back to top Go down
alexkingston

alexkingston

PostSubject: Re: Preparation For the Draft   Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:11 am

AllMadden08 wrote:
alexkingston wrote:
RonMercer wrote:

Uh, guys, it's not possible to just sim the draft. The game doesn't come out for over a month yet. And on top of that, the rookies are already on teams, they will have to be cut and then signed to their new team when the game comes out. By simming the draft, I'm assuming he means the admin(s) running the draft will make the pick for the team not prepared. So every team that is prepared will get to make all their own picks.

If that were the case then im all for it
Back to top Go down
RonMercer

RonMercer

PostSubject: Re: Preparation For the Draft   Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:43 am

I really don't think that is what he meant no offense allmadden

"I will personally run the draft; but if we have 3 or 4 guys here; then I'll forget it and get VHawk to sim the draft."

that makes it seem like because all of the admins suddenly dipped this week and most people (actually everyone) is clueless on the time of the draft a lot of people probably won't be here for it.

is it 5:30 Central time? or Eastern Time?

anyone?
Back to top Go down
RonMercer

RonMercer

PostSubject: Re: Preparation For the Draft   Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 6:47 pm

3 people were on at the scheduled time for the draft. none of which were admins.

you guys (apart from vhawk who was busy and made this clear) royally fucked up.

I put a lot of time into this league, at least try to make it seem like you care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preparation For the Draft   Preparation For the Draft - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Preparation For the Draft
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2